*NEW* Cascadia 4x4 (Mercedes Sprinter 2006-2018) Vehicle Specific Solar System™
Adding product to your cart
Free shipping in Canada 🇨🇦 $40 USD flat fee to USA 🇺🇸
Use code PICKUP for 10% off when you choose local pickup at checkout.
Introducing the Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ for the Mercedes Sprinter van (2006-2018). The world's first, highest quality, and most complete vehicle specific hood-mounted solar panel system!
The Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ hard-mounts to the hood of your Merecedes Sprinter van and, during daylight hours, provides a constant flow of clean solar energy to your primary or secondary vehicle batteries. This gives you the ability to run 12V accessories like fridges, phone/laptop chargers, lights, power inverters etc. without the need to start your engine and without the fear of draining your battery and leaving you stranded. The MPPT solar charge controller included with this kit makes the VSS System™completely plug-and-play,and can be installed in as little as 1.5 hours.
NOTE: can only be connected to non-lithium 12V batteries.
Cascadia 4x4 chose the most stable and durable multilayered semi-flexible solar panel construction available to ensure that these solar panels can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free, for years.
The Cascadia 4x4 Mercedes Sprinter van VSS System™ includes:
- 2x 40 Watt Solar Panels (total output of 80 watts) - MPPT Solar Charge Controller - Vinyl Base Sheets (protects the vehicle paint from damage)
Key Features & Benefits: - 80 watts of energy on the hood of your Mercedes Sprinter from solar panels that are only 3mm thick, meaning vehicle aerodynamics are not affected and the weight of the system is negligible.
-Durable marine-grade solar panel construction.The panel is made from 8 laminated layers consisting of fiberglass and high tech polymers allowing it to stand up to harsh environmental conditions like rain/snow/ice/mud/rocks/sticks etc. High durability makes this panel perfect for an off-road vehicle.
- Each panel is equipped with 3M neoprene foam strips. This high density foam acts as a thermal barrier to protect your vehicle's paint from damage and also aid in solar panel cooling.
- Anti-glare device: Due to it's light absorbing properties the solar panel creates a surface with very low reflectivity across the hood of the vehicle.
- Factory-like appearance. The VSS System™follows the contours and edges of the Sprinter van hood perfectly giving it a seamless and sleek aesthetic.
- Custom cut vinyl base sheetsprotect the underlying vehicle paint from damage.
- Plug-and-play MPPT solar charge controller.This waterproof unit mounts in the engine bay and is highly resistant to heat and vibration. It automatically controls how much electricity reaches the battery and prevents overcharging. The charge controller has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors to take out all of the guesswork in setting up the VSS System™.
- Keep your Sprinter's battery topped up at all times: Perfect for the overlander, van-lifer or camper who wants to power devices without worrying about draining their battery.
- Extend the life of your battery: The Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ will give you longer overall battery life by tending it constantly during periods of sun exposure.
- Emergency engine starting device: If you ever manage to completely drain your battery the VSS System™ will start the vehicle up again in as little as 30 minutes depending on sun exposure.
- Final assembly and quality control is done at the Cascadia 4x4 Canadian production facility to ensure that every VSS System™ functions perfectly.