Planning your design? Stop and reevaluate, because the wheel well water tank is a game-changer! Symmetrically developed to fit over either of your wheel wells interchangeably, these are space-saving, easy to build around, soundproofing, and everything else you ever might want for a van conversion.
Here’s the story, one of the first things we discovered when we took our camper out for the first time was that we needed to rethink the size of our fresh water tank. We realized quickly that an extended shower is definitely a roadside luxury worth having, and a better tank design was the key. Thankfully we weren’t finished putting everything together on our maiden voyage and got the chance to redesign some spaces. Many, many camper van conversions later, we finally developed our methods to come up with the ultimate design, the wheel well water tank.
Besides fitting perfectly into a build and providing that necessary fresh water supply, we also added a few specialty points for customization. All fittings are female-threaded and larger fittings are "membrane fittings." Membrane fittings require drilling, so you only put them where you need them, and no extra sealing is required if you don't. We also squared off the top to make the rest of your conversion a whole lot simpler. Versatile outlets, combined with the ability to snug this up to either wheel well and design easily, make for endless possibilities within your plumbing and design.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Dual-Design - for Both Sprinter and Transit Vans
- Flexible Design - Symmetrically developed, fit these water tanks over whichever wheel well works best for your build.
- Distributes Weight - Adds weight over your axle to help increase traction if you get in a sticky spot.
- Food Grade and BPA Free - Tanks are made from low linear density polyethylene to keep you safe and healthy while out exploring.
- Sound Proofing - One of the best ways to keep the noise down around your wheel well and ensure a quiet ride!